The Westport Babe Ruth League (WBRL) will be hosting tryouts for next year's 2018 Spring Season. All age eligible players are required to attend the tryouts. Due to historically low attendance, there will not be a winter tryout. Please see FAQ's below to see if your child needs to attend the tryouts:
Little League Fields - Westport High School (check in at concession stand)
Dates & Time:
Sunday, October 15th @11:30AM - check in beginning at 11:00AM
Duration: Tryouts will run approximately 1-1/2 hours
Frequenty Asked Questions:
Does my child need to try out this year?
- If your child played in the Rookie League this year and will be at least 8 years old by April 30th, 2018...he/she needs to attend the Minor league tryouts.
- If your child played in the Minor League this year and will be at least 10 years old by April 30th, 2018...he/she needs to attend the Major league tryouts.
- If your child played in the Major League this year and will be at least 13 years old by April 30th, 2018...he/she needs to attend the Senior league tryouts.
How is "baseball age" determined?
- May 1st is the cutoff each season. Baseball age is the age your child is on April 30th of that season.
Are there Tryouts for T-Ball or Rookie Leagues?
- No, an 8 year old that is not drafted into the Minor League will return to the Rookie League.
- All 9 year olds are required to play in the Minor League.
- The goal of tryouts is to assess each player and determine the appropriate league and team placement for each player.
Are all 10 year old players drafted into the Majors?
- No, a 10 year old that is not drafted into the Major League will return to the Minor League.
What are the general ages for each league?
- T-Ball: 4-6 years old (Parents may decide if they want their 6 year old to play T-Ball or Rookie)
- Rookie: 6-8 years old
- Minors: 8-10 years old
- Majors: 10-12 years old
- Seniors 13-15 years old
Can my child who will be a baseball age 7 try out for the Minor League?
- Baseball age 7's may try out for the Minor League with Board of Directors approval. If approved they will be required to attend one of the tryout sessions. The player may or may not be drafted into the Minor League, and if undrafted, will return to the Rookie League.
When do I register my child?
- Registration will be available soon online. A communication will be sent out on a future date with more details.
Help us spread the word!
- Please forward to anyone you may know. From new neighbors who may not be on our distribution lists yet, to local friends/family whose children may be interested in baseball.
We look forward to seeing everyone soon!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us at: email@example.com